SIMPLE LAUNDRY CARE (6/2016)
All Benchmark FR® garments will remain flame resistant for the life of the garment provided they are cared for properly. Our wash instructions are quite simple and mostly require that you leave out extra chemicals during the laundering process.
Arc and flame clothing should be cleaned if they are soiled with contaminants or flammable material. All materials influencing flammability must be washed off the garments, stains have no measurable impact and are considered safe. Do not be afraid to wash your Benchmark FR arc & flame resistant clothing, frequent washing is recommended to avoid soiling and to maintain peak flame resistant properties. (ASTM F2757)
STOP & WASH:
Benchmark FR arc & flame resistant graphic t-shirts are treated with a nontoxic, water based treatment, around and under the graphic. This treatment acts as a primer so the ink stays vibrant and does not soak into the fibers of the shirt during printing. A new t-shirt can feel slightly “starchy” due to this treatment; we strongly suggest washing your flame resistant graphical t-shirt in cold water prior to wearing. Follow instructions in the label or below.
SHRINKAGE AFTER LAUNDRY:
Shrinkage is controlled with this FR T-Shirt. You can expect your shirt to shrink about 4% total after the first one or two washes. For an average size XL this means about 7/8” in the width and about ¾” in the length.
Below is text you will find on the wash label inside every t-shirt. While you can wash warm to help lift stains we suggest using cold water when you can to preserve the graphic and keep it looking vibrant.
Machine wash warm, Tumble dry low, use soft powder or liquid laundry detergent.
Do not use Fabric Softeners, Starch, Lye Soap, Open Steam or products containing
Hydrogen Peroxide. Garments can be dry cleaned and most industrial washed.
Detailed Wash Instructions:
- Set washing machine on a cotton cycle.
- Cold or Warm water (typically 80 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Home laundry detergent (i.e.: Tide® or All®).
- Do not use bleach whether separate or contained within the detergent.
- Do not use hydrogen peroxide either alone or as part of a detergent (i.e.: OxyClean®).
- Do not use lye based, tallow or home-made soaps.
- Do not use fabric softeners.
- Tumble dry low or medium heat, do not over dry.
- Avoid pressing with open steam.
- Do not use starch.
- Do not use excessively hard water, use of a softening agent (i.e.: Calgon®) or water softening systems.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at the number below or email email@example.com.