Double Layer FR Face Mask
The CDC Spec Double Layer FR Face Mask is the newest addition to our collection of arc and flame resistant neck gaiters. As the originators of FR Face Masks, we have set the standard for FR masks and face coverings.
Because Benchmark FR is a manufacturer of flame resistant personal protective equipment, we quickly react to the updated Center for Disease Control (CDC) design requirements for masks, while maintaining the ASTM F1506, NFPA 70E and NFPA 2112 standards for arc and flame resistant personal protective equipment.
* Mask vs Respirator: According to the CDC, masks and respirators offer different levels of protection. Well-fitting masks, made of fine woven fabric work by containing droplets and particles you breathe or sneeze out. While more protective respirators like N95 and KN95 act as filters for particles and viruses. Click here for the full summary of recent changes.
Unfortunately, the polypropylene resins used to make N95 style respirators are highly flammable, and people exposed to arc flash or flash fires, as well as those who work in hazardous environments, require the wearing of FR clothing and accessories.
CDC Requirements For Face Coverings:
- A proper fit over your nose, mouth, and chin to prevent leaks.
- Multiple layers of tightly woven/knitted, breathable fabric.
- Nose wire (encased in plastic and FR materials).
- Fabric that blocks light when held up to bright light source.
- No gaps around the sides of the face or nose.
- No exhalation valves, vents, or other openings.
- No single-layer fabric, or thin fabric that doesn't block light.
Features for the new CDC Spec FR Double Layer Neck Gaiter
The CDC Spec FR Double Layer Neck Gaiter has two layers of fabric, as well as a nose wire. The wire is encased in flame resistant materials and helps to provide a secure and custom fit. For those who wear prescription or safety glasses, the nose wire will reduce fogging.
Our double layer neck gaiter is made with Benchmark FR cotton fabric and our seamless design on the bridge of the nose provides comfort. As with all Benchmark FR products, our fabric is safe to wear against your skin and is odorless.
Unlike arc and flame-resistant clothing from other companies, there is no need for industrial laundering or special washing instructions. You can wash you double layer FR neck gaiters as you would any other garment. The only restriction is to not use bleach. Click here for washing instructions.
Arc & Flame-Resistant Criteria
- Arc and flame-resistant materials, threads
- All material is NFPA 2112 compliant
- CAT 2 (Rib is 10 cal/cm2, Jersey is 8 cal/cm2)
- Flame-Resistant for life of garment
- NFPA 70E Compliant
- ASTM 1506 Compliant
- Made in USA
Comfort & Design
- Stretch material on the front nose and mount
- Nose wire helps keep gaiter in place
- Soft material and no seams on bridge of nose
- Odorless material
- Double layer front, single layer sides
- Easy to wear with glasses, reduces fogging
- Machine Washable, Lifetime Warranty