CDC Spec Double Layer FR Mask
The CDC Spec Double Layer FR Face Mask is the newest addition to our collection of arc and flame resistant neck gaiters. As the originators of FR Face Masks, we have set the standard for FR masks and face coverings.
Because Benchmark FR is a manufacturer of flame resistant personal protective equipment, we quickly react to the updated Center for Disease Control (CDC) design requirements for masks, while maintaining the ASTM F1506, NFPA 70E and NFPA 2112 standards for arc and flame resistant personal protective equipment.
* Mask vs Respirator: According to the CDC, masks and respirators offer different levels of protection. Well-fitting masks, made of fine woven fabric work by containing droplets and particles you breathe or sneeze out. While more protective respirators like N95 and KN95 act as filters for particles and viruses. Click here for the full summary of recent changes.
Unfortunately, the polypropylene resins used to make N95 style respirators are highly flammable, and people exposed to arc flash or flash fires, as well as those who work in hazardous environments, require the wearing of FR clothing and accessories.
CDC Requirements For Face Coverings:
- A proper fit over your nose, mouth, and chin to prevent leaks.
- Multiple layers of tightly woven/knitted, breathable fabric.
- Nose wire (encased in plastic and FR materials).
- Fabric that blocks light when held up to bright light source.
- No gaps around the sides of the face or nose.
- No exhalation valves, vents, or other openings.
- No single-layer fabric, or thin fabric that doesn't block light.
- Free Shipping within the Contigous USA